Five Steps to Help Get Rid of Tonsil Stones
Tonsil stones can make life really difficult. If you too are one of the victims of this problem then it is quite obvious to be feeling uncomfortable while socialising with other people because tonsil stones create bad breath and taste in the mouth. You start fearing that people will reject or dislike you because of your stinking mouth. It’s embarrassing and disappointing. And since you cannot afford to stay away from people for too long, you have to find out a solution for this. Have you tried searching for it? Well, don’t worry. There are some remedies which you can try at your own home to fight the symptoms of tonsil stones.
First of all, it is important to understand that tonsil stones can be a recurring problem. Even if it goes away, it can come back soon. No amount of antibiotics, toothpaste or mouthwash can eliminate it. Though you can try to get rid of it by going for tonsil surgery called a tonsillectomy, that is a costly proposition. However, there are a few home remedies that can be effective in dealing with the problem of tonsil stones.
Step-by-step guide for getting rid of tonsil stones
- Eating just before going to sleep often aggravates the problem of tonsil stone; try to avoid this and you may feel a remarkable difference. Even if you eat, make sure to clean your mouth properly. Otherwise, food residues will pile up in the hollow area of your tonsils and eventually, take the form of these lumps.
- Cleaning your tongue after brushing your teeth is also helpful in reducing tonsil stones. It will help you remove the remaining food particles from your mouth, which your toothbrush could not clean.
- Use mouthwash on a regular basis to keep your mouth clean. It will help your breath remain fresh.
- Gargling with lukewarm salt water twice daily is another effective remedy. If the problem is severe, gargle as frequently as possible. It will clean the passage of your throat, the mouth and the deep holes of your tonsils. It is also good to curb any kind of infection in the mouth.
- In addition to this, you can also reduce the intake of dairy products in your diet. In fact, try to eliminate these from your regular diet plans completely. The reason behind suggesting this step is that tonsil stones are usually caused by calcium and mucous, which pile up in the mouth usually because of dairy products.
These are very simple and easy steps that can help you in getting rid of tonsil stones. Follow these steps everyday without fail and the result will be in your favor. If you can see tonsil stones in the crevices of your tonsils, use a cotton swab or bobby pin to pull those out. Just remember to go easy. Tonsils and the throat are quite sensitive areas of our body and any kind of carelessness may add to the trouble. If you can’t take hold of the situation, get in touch with a doctor for professional guidance.