How to Use a Bobby Pin to Remove Tonsil Stones
You might have noticed that at times when you cough, some smelly, white, tiny chunks or balls come out of your mouth; these are known as tonsil stones. When these tonsil stones become a regular affair, it can turn into an embarrassing problem for you. Medically this problem is known as tonsiliths and it results in bad breath.
Tonsil stones usually exist in the holes of your tonsils. When food particles get stuck in the craters of your tonsils, bacteria feed on them and turn them into a thick greasy substance. These often lead to bad breath. Most people who have deep tonsil holes suffer from this problem greatly. People suffering from tonsiliths often face a few embarrassing moments in their life when others ended up offering them mouth fresheners so that their bad breath doesn’t bother others while they speak. This is an embarrassing situation and to get rid of this, you need to get rid of these tonsil stones. A Bobby pin is one such tool that can help you safely remove tonsil stones.
A Bobby pin is a thin metal clip which can easily slip into the deep holes of your tonsils. It features a small loop on the tip with the help of which you can pull out the tonsil stones from the craters. To know exactly how to do this, take a look at the steps discussed below.
Six Steps to Clean Out Tonsil Stones
- Keep a glass of water, flashlight, paper towel, toothpick and bobby pin handy.
- Stand before a mirror and open your mouth as wide as possible, sticking your tongue out. Shine the flashlight into your mouth.
- Quickly take the bobby pin in your grip and use its looped end to pull out tonsil stones visible in the holes of your tonsil. Sticky saliva sometimes makes it very hard for you to scoop tonsil stones from the back of your throat. However, you have to keep patience until the loop of your bobby pin pulls these out.
- Before taking out another tonsil stone, make sure to get rid of the sticky saliva with the help of drinking water. Otherwise, you may find difficulty in removing other tonsil stones from the craters. Once it is taken care of, you can try to pull another one out. Do clean your bobby pin every time you take out these stones. Use a toothpick to drag the tonsil stones off your bobby pin onto a piece of paper towel.
- If you don’t see any other stones left in the craters of your tonsil, take your index finger into your mouth near the tonsil followed by your thumb placed on your neck beneath your jaw. Gently squeeze the openings of your tonsils to bring out the remaining stones. Keep doing this until all the stones are out because sometimes they lie so deep inside the craters that it becomes difficult to reach them all. However, do take care of your throat. Do not put extra pressure on it.
- Now, try to push the loop of your bobby pin to the bottom of the crater. Be gentle in your approach because otherwise you may end up hurting your throat. You may feel a slight pain while going deep inside the crater, but do not worry. It happens. Use scoop motion to drag the remaining ones out. Be careful while doing this.